Green Century Capital Management, Inc. (Green Century) administers the Green Century Funds (the Funds), the first family of environmentally responsible, diversified and fossil fuel free mutual funds in the nation. Founded and wholly owned by non-profit environmental advocacy organizations, Green Century is dedicated to promoting an environmentally sustainable economy. The Green Century Funds are designed to achieve competitive returns while incorporating both values-based screens and ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance) ratings and performance to invest in sustainable companies. Green Century conducts a robust shareholder engagement program to curb climate change, promote sustainable agriculture and press for greater corporate environmental responsibility.
The Green Century mission:
• Provide environmentally responsible investing opportunities for those who care about the planet while seeking competitive returns
• Promote environmental responsibility through a comprehensive shareholder advocacy program
• Support the advocacy and public interest work of Green Century’s founding non-profit organizations by generating revenue to fund their programs
Green Century manages three environmentally responsible mutual funds, the Green Century Balanced Fund, the Green Century Equity Fund and the Green Century MSCI International Fund. Since Green Century’s founding in 1991, the Funds have grown to over $500 million in assets.
Green Century Capital Management seeks a talented and passionate person to join our team as the Senior Vice President for Finance and Operations.
The Senior Vice President will work closely with the President and other senior staff to manage all financial, operations, compliance, legal and administrative functions for the SEC registered Green Century Funds and Green Century, a SEC registered investment advisory firm. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Hire, train and supervise administrative, financial, operations and compliance staff.
• Assist in strategic planning for the Funds and Green Century.
• Coordinate and supervise all services provided by third party service providers and other entities to the Green Century Funds and Green Century.
• Prepare, review and/or supervise annual, semi-annual, quarterly and other regular financial, legal and other compliance required filings, reports and activities of the Funds.
• Coordinate the Green Century Funds Board of Trustees quarterly meetings and other activities.
• In coordination with the Chief Compliance Officer, maintain compliance with state and federal laws and regulations governing investment advisory firms and mutual funds.
• Develop and monitor Green Century’s and the Funds’ budgets.
• Perform accounting and financial reporting functions for Green Century and supervise bookkeeping functions; review federal and state tax filings for Green Century and the Funds.
• Manage Green Century payroll and personnel functions.
• In coordination with the President and other senior staff, develop and implement strategies to grow the Green Century Funds, including planning for and producing new products for the Funds
We seek applicants who possess a strong commitment to environmental issues, sustainable investing and environmentally responsible business. The successful candidate will also bring the following skills and attributes to the position: strong quantitative and analytical skills; a team orientation that combines collegiality with a drive and ability to motivate others; excellent communication skills; the ability to manage projects and processes; and a working knowledge of mutual funds and financial industry practices. Candidates for this position should have eight or more years of relevant experience post-college. Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or other relevant advanced degree preferred.
Salary & Benefits
Salary for this position is set on a non-profit scale and depends on experience. A competitive benefits package includes fully paid individual health care coverage following three months of service, educational loan assistance, eligibility for a 401k retirement plan following one year of service, paid vacation and sick days, parental leave and an opportunity to participate in the firm’s disability insurance plan.
Send a cover letter and resume to email address, indicating “Senior VP Operations and Finance” in the subject line.
Green Century Capital Management, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer