This new and exciting role within the Corporate Relations and Communications team is an opportunity for an energetic, dynamic Project Manager to contribute to some of CISL's highest profile projects; from its Strategic Partnerships with companies, to the Unilever Sustainable Living Young Entrepreneur Awards 2018.
You will be joining the fast growing University of Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership (CISL) working at the interface between academia and the private sector, towards our mission of developing leadership and solutions for a sustainable economy.
The Corporate Relations and Communications team has responsibility for contributing to CISL's long term goals by building CISL's reputation and profile as a global thought leader, working with leaders to tackle critical global sustainability challenges. The team manages our relationship with our Strategic Partners and supports CISL's Education, Business and Policy Platform portfolios.
The purpose of this role is to support the delivery and development of significant new and existing client projects across the institute and specifically, in 2018, the Unilever Sustainable Living Young Entrepreneur Awards, run in partnership between Unilever and CISL since 2014.
The role-holder will also work with the Director of Corporate Relations and Communications in the development and delivery of a refreshed Clients strategy; to manage the relationship with CISL's Strategic Partners and provide project management for new institutional client opportunities. The Senior Project Manager will support others to develop and maintain significant relationships and new areas of work. We require a driven and creative professional with demonstrable experience of delivering a broad range of major client projects, with significant communications and client relationship expertise.
Applicants must be committed to the values underpinning CISL's work and are expected to demonstrate the following essential skills and experience:
- Significant experience in a relevant role demonstrating knowledge of a broad range of communications disciplines;
- Advanced Project Management experience, including financial and budgetary management, software, procedures and understanding of terminology and best practice;
- Experience of managing significant client engagements;
- Experience leading the development, revisions and implementation, including training of others, of new or existing policies, procedures and systems;
- Excellent written and verbal communication, planning, and organisational skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to build effective relationships with stakeholders at all levels.
The following attributes are desirable:
- Experience in the fields of corporate sustainability, social entrepreneurship, or startups;
- Understanding and experience of the business sector;
- Experience line managing junior staff;
- Experience of marketing to both individuals and organisations.
The deadline for applications is 8 April 2018.
This post is full-time and located in Cambridge.
To apply online for this vacancy and to view further information about the role, please visit:
. This will take you to the role on the University’s Job Opportunities pages. There you will need to click on the 'Apply online' button and register an account with the University's Web Recruitment System (if you have not already) and log in before completing the online application form.
Informal enquiries may be made to CISL Human Resources team, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote reference EN14913 on your application and in any correspondence about this vacancy.
The University values diversity and is committed to equality of opportunity.
The University has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on Job Finder